Oct 27, 2010

A Meaningful Day

27.10.2010 - after so long, today I meet a dear friend from my childhood days, the last we met were when we were both in primary school. After primary 6, we parted ways when she was chosen to enter MRSM, while I was selected to continue my secondary education in Kota Baru. Then her family moved from our little hometown and we sort of lost touch, even though I do get news of her from time to time through mutual friends but we never see each other face to face until today.

I knew that she was given a scholarship to continue her studies in the States after form 5, her marriage to somebody from Kuwait not long after, the demise of her mother a few years after her marriage, and how she decided to be a parmenant residents of The United States. But through the years, I have thought of her from time to time, wondering how her life is in the States, is she happy there and a multitude of other questions. Thanks to facebook, we are able to re-connect and re-new our friendship, after a number of e-mails between us, and through facebook, I got to know that she's back in town. So we set-up a meeting today at Wangsa Walk in Wangsa Maju and had a good time yakking and catching up on each others' news. She's now seriously into painting and she showed me some of what she had painted...beautiful pieces it was, and she told me that she is seriously considering have an exhibition of her paintings. I wish her all the best in her venture.

I hope this friendship will continue to flourish. Ninnie, you have not change at all, the years have been kind to you and all the best to you..muaaaaaaaaaaaaah. InsyaAllah, this Saturday we have set-up another meeting at another venue, together with a few of our other primary school friends. I'm looking forward to meeting Mek Nor, Nab, Fozie, Ana and the others.

InsyaAllah I will post the photos taken at the renunion this Saturday.... if I remember to bring the camera with me ....\\(^ 0 ^)//

No comments: