Oct 27, 2009

OFFICE POLITICS: PERSONALITIES IN THE WORKPLACE

Something to share, I took if from a posting my friend has uploaded on facebook. Wonder whether this is a common phenomenom all over the world.....??????

Today at 10.34 a.m.

1. Let's have a meeting before a meeting.
These people thrive in big offices where they can spend their days going to meeting after meeting, instead of actually working.

2. How the hell did they get their job?
Every office has one - the person who never fails to baffle their co-workers with their incompetence.

3. I hurry, therefore I am...
This type lives on a steady diet of stress - they can't work without pressure and everything must be done in a rush even if there is no need for it.

4. I'm sick but too important to go home.
These people flatter themselves that they are indispensable. they think the world will stop if they don't go to work.

5. You must respect my authority.
These types patronise those younger than them and have an inflated sense of their own importance. They are fond of lecturing their co-workers about how if they olay their cards right, they might one day end up like them.

6. Have you seen whatshisname?
These people have a few clever tactics for not to be around. They'll leave their jacket on the chair and say I'll be back in five minutes, then you won't see them for three days.

7. Someone more important has come up....
These types think nothing of ordering you in for a meeting, then taking a phone call and ignoring you for half an hour while you wait patiently.

8. I'm actually nice....
These people use e-mail to devastating effect - they think nothing of writing a nasty note and concluding it with a smiley note.

9. I know stuff before you do....
These people love to spread bad news. They feed off misery and love knowing before everyone else that job cuts are coming - which they will spread around the office with glee.

10. I, I....I....
These types step in at the last minute and take all the credit for any success, without actually doing any of the work.

New Zealand Herald
Sunday, 6 September 2009

Emmmm, after reading all these, it makes me wonder whether in the eyes of others, I too fall into one of the categories listed. Maybe, I don't know.... but one thing I definitely know is that I do not want to be in any of these categories....InsyaAllah.... I want to be known as someone who does not easily shirk any duties given to me, and that I'll do my upmost to make it a success.

Anyway what do you think of this list.... do you think there are people like this in your organisation?

No comments: